The RCHS has three buildings as follows:
Main museum and genealogy center at 223 N. Clark Street – this building was constructed/rebuilt in 1884. It was the location of the Hagarty Grocery (lower floor) and the Hagarty Opera House on a second floor. The upper floor was destroyed with the main floor saved for a number of purposes before becoming our display space and family history center.
A second building immediately west of the Main Museum is the
- A third floor tour will allow visitors to see a room much like it was in 1963 when closed as a “business.”
- All displays in the 2nd and 3rd floor of the Sycamore are not handi-capped accessible. Approximately, 40 steps are required to tour and view the upper floors.
The third location of the RCHS is the old Pacific/Railway Express office constructed in 1889 and located on Sturgeon Street. This area, now known as Depot Park, was the location of Moberly’s Wabash/Union Station, a railroad hotel and restaurant and the express office. Today, only the express office/museum remains however the area is now a beautiful park with outside displays, a Wabash caboose, Pullman car, the Indiana, and a clock tower constructed by the Moberly Rotary Club depicting a tower of the original railroad depot. Major renovations are to occur to this 1889 structure, hopefully to be completed prior to Moberly’s Sesquicentennial in 2016.